Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch Up Report
The literacy and numeracy catch-up premium gives state-funded schools, including special schools and alternative provision settings, additional funding to support year 7 pupils who did not achieve the expected standard in reading or maths at the end of key stage 2 (KS2)
In 2018 to 2019, the allocation of funding to schools was on the same basis as in 2017 to 2018. It was adjusted to reflect the percentage change in the size of their year 7 cohort, based on the October 2018 census.
We must publish information covering:
- our funding allocation for the current academic year 2019/20
- details of how we intend to spend our allocation
- details of how we spent our previous year’s allocation
- how last year’s allocation made a difference to the attainment of the pupils who benefit from the funding
The funding for 19/20 is yet to be confirmed by the DFE. (1/10/19). Assuming a similar level of funding the school will use this funding for:
- Literacy intervention for students who score below 90% standardised score in KS2 SATS
- Purchase of literacy screening tool for all year 7 students using ‘Access Reading Test’ and a spelling assessment
- Purchase of dyscalculia screening assessment tool
- Part funding for a specialist HLTA lead for Literacy intervention
Year 7 Literacy and numeracy catch premium review of use for 2018 - 19
- In the academic year 2018 - 2019 The Catholic High School received £11,246 for the Year 7 catch up premium as described above.
- We used this for:
- Extended patterns of transition visits before the start of Year 7.evetion teacher and exam access assessor to provide support and screening for students on intake and in preparation for exams to ensure the correct access arrangement is established from year 7
- Staff training in behaviour management.
- IDL used for students who perform below average on their CATs and who come in with a history of needs at primary school / working below expected progress. Includes 2 x 20 minute sessions per week.
- Communication aid booster sessions
- Reading club twice a week
- Identified catch up teaching throughout the year
- Numeracy: TBC% of identified students met or exceeded expectation during year 7
- Literacy: TBC% of identified students met or exceeded expectation during year 7