We expect students to wear our uniform with pride and to be in uniform during the school day and while representing the school at external events. Please click here for Sixth form Dress code.
The uniform details below were introduced in September 2014 and are mandatory for all main school students from September 2016.
The school uniform and PE kit is available from Uniformity, 22 - 26 Handbridge, Chester CH4 7JE. Opening times: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (4.45pm Fridays).
Uniformity also has a new on line shop www.uniformityschools.com where you can access the current price list. Parents can order and pay on line and have their order delivered to school FOC or for a small charge delivered to their home.
For those families with more than one student a discount has been secured: 2 Children 5%, 3 Children 7.5% and 4 Children 10%
We expect students to wear our uniform with pride and to be in uniform and while representing the school.
- Blazers must be worn at all times. If required during winter a sensible coat may be worn to and from school. Coats should not be studded, leather, denim or valuable (school does not carry any insurance for such items).
- Coats must not be worn while moving about the building unless pupils have just arrived at school or preparing to leave.
- Boots or trainers are NOT part of our school uniform. Shoes must be worn.
- Equipment and books are to be carried in a reasonably sized bag.
- Extremes of hair styles or colour are not allowed, no exaggerated steps or lines. A no.2 cut is the shortest acceptable. When hair is tied up plain bands/ ribbons should be used (i.e. no highly decorated adornments, beads, flowers, feathers etc.).
The CHS Uniform is available from
Uniformity Clothing Co. 22 - 26 Handbridge, Chester,
Cheshire. CH4 7JE. (01244 680187)
School Uniform - Additional Information
All uniform must be named for identification.
The only items of jewellery permitted are :
- One small ring, (not Sovereign)
- Plain studs - one metal stud earring per ear in the lower lobe (for safety reasons, sleepers or other types of earrings are strictly forbidden). No tongue , facial rings / nose studs or any other piercings are allowed. No ‘pearl’ or ‘diamond’ effect earrings, just plain metal studs.
- A cross on a chain if worn inside of clothing.
- Subtle make-up may be worn but no coloured nail polish, false nails or false eye lashes.
Year Leaders of Learning will monitor uniform and their decisions are final. Parents are asked for their support in maintaining the school rules.
- Black Blazer embroidered with school badge.
- CHS green V-neck jersey or cardigan.
- School tie.
- White shirt (with NO motifs).
- Black pleated school skirt (purchased from Uniformity and worn to the knee)/black school trousers
- - no fashion trousers, jeans, corduroys or leggings.
- Plain black shoes - not black trainers, boots or high heels.
- Black or white socks or black tights.
- Black sports shorts (CHS logo).
- Black Polo Shirt (CHS logo).
- Black football socks. (CHS logo optional).
- Black leggings with CHS logo.
- New Black CHS Fleece (CHS logo).
- Black Rugby Shirt (CHS logo).
- Not all students will require football boots. Those that do will be notified by the PE Department.
|Junior||Senior||22-28||30 - 36||38 - 40|
|1/4 Zip Top||£16.40||£18.40||N/A||N/A||N/A|