Labour Market Information
Labour Market Information (LMI) tells us all about what is happening in the world of work or the labour market.
What can Labour Market Information (LMI) tell us?
- The number of job vacancies in each job sector;
- The type of vacancies - if they are part-time, full-time, temporary, seasonal or permanent;
- General trends in the world of work - such as which types of business are doing well or failing;
- What kind of businesses are opening, or closing down, in our local area;
- The skills and qualifications that employers are looking for;
- What qualification levels and subjects people have;
- How many people are looking for work.
Why do I need Labour Market Information (LMI)?
- LMI can give you a clear view of what is happening in the world of work, so you can make realistic plans for your future.
- Knowing about things like the number and type of job vacancies, how work is changing and what employers are looking for can make it easier to plan what to do next.
- It will also help you to find out about the qualifications and employability skills you will need for your career ideas.
- LMI can give you an idea of the job situation and help you to find out which subjects or courses you might need for your career ideas.
How to use Labour Market Information
Labour Market Information - Cheshire West and Chester