Our school aims to be;
- A loving Christian community, striving for excellence, leading by example and guided by the Holy Spirit,
- A community, inclusive of all, supporting and respecting everyone and their difference, persevering through times of struggle,
- A community to challenge injustice and bring about change,
- A community which is ever faithful to Christ.
The Catholic High School, Chester is a Catholic Voluntary Academy situated on the western outskirts of Chester approximately one mile from the city centre. It is an 11 to 18 Roman Catholic mixed comprehensive school with over 900 students including a thriving Sixth Form.
The School exists to provide the best Catholic education for all. This applies to all our students whatever their own faith background. Currently around 70% of our students are baptised Catholics and all our students are equally welcome in the school. We value and appreciate the contribution made by those from other faith backgrounds. Students enjoy high quality teaching, wonderful support and the opportunity to grow and develop in the context of the values promoted by the Catholic Church. We are a warm and friendly school where achievement is celebrated and enjoyed whilst we continue to encourage personal qualities such as kindness, resilience and empathy. In all this our aim is to support our pupils to be the best they can be in all that they do.
The school has a distinct ‘family feel’ that emphasises respect and compassion for all. Pupils are happy and loyal to their school and are encouraged to be intellectually curious and independent thinkers. All staff play a lead role in nurturing pupils’ confidence, empathy and spiritual awareness
- OFSTED, March 2016
The school provides an outstanding Catholic education.
- Diocesan Inspection, November 2017